I was asked recently that I need to follow my heart’s desire. Great!!!! Now have you actually sat and contemplated your heart’s desire. I have passions and goals but what is my heart’s desire. I was stumped at first, what was in my heart that needed to be expressed and followed. As I sat and breathed the first thing that came to me was to honour myself. This blew me away because I have a tendency want to save the world but my heart wants me to be true to me. I believe that this is a lesson for all of us; in order to be able to be successful in any aspect of life we first must honour our own needs and love the person we are.
The best way to do this is to:
1. Forgive yourself on all levels: you have done the best you could, make peace with yourself.
2. Accept your past. You are who you are because of your journey, be grateful for what your past taught you.
3. Let go of limiting beliefs that are holding you back. You have control of what you think and how you respond. Take that control and use it!!!!
4. Replace self criticism with positive affirmations. Everyday write down a new thing you like about yourself, keep this list close by and read it often.
5. Learn to say no to things that you do not want to do. You do not need to please others at the expense of yourself.
6. Do something every day that you love to do.
Remember there is only one of you. You are unique and amazing just as you are.
(Always remember to eat healthy food and exercise. This produces feel good chemicals in your body.)